Saturday, December 26, 2009

The grinch who stole Gap bags

For 20 something years my family and I have enjoyed our annual tradition of going buck wild and shopping up a storm to celebrate boxing day. This year was no exception. Holiday or not we were as determined as ever to pillage the mall and enjoy the chaos along the way.
We don't really do it for the sales, although I love a good bargain, we do it because we really love spending time together and this somehow became one of the many things we tend to do all together every year.
Now, here, they don't have a boxing day, it is apparently a Canadian thing but they do have a "day after Christmas sale" thing which is just like boxing day except less busy and less be-there-at-eight-in-the-morning-to-snag-good-deals ish. Seriously, at home my parents have us up and out by 7:30 am on boxing day to take full advantage of the day. We visit 4 different shopping locations- it's nuts.
What is nice about their not-boxing day day is that you can go in the afternoon or at night with no worries.
We headed to the mall around 5 and got shopping. The best buy was these wicked long sleeves from the Gap. Really nice cotton, pretty colors, long, just so cute and on sale for less than 10 dollars per shirt. We bought 6, 2 each for me, my mom, and my sister. We scooped up the bag and headed out to our next stop.
Now, to the person that swiped our Gap bag off the floor where my father had put it down right beside him, like, touching his foot, while he tied his shoe in Banana Republic, I know you are not reading this but if you were I would tell you how much I think you suck.
First of all who steals a Gap bag? What did you think was in it? Gold? Did you think we bought gold at the Gap?
Second, who steals from a nice man? My dad is the cutest man of life, if you can rob him in a mall you must be satan.
I pity you so much person who stole our Gap bag, how sad your life must be that you must go and steal other peoples lovely long sleeves... your life must be so miserable.
And also, it's Christmas time ish still, where is the holiday spirit when you have to clasp your shopping bags for dear life for fear of them being taken from right beneath your eyes. I hope that whoever you are you received coal in your stocking.
Point: Your a mean one Mr. Grinch, you really are a heel.
Whoever you are may you "accidentally" have backsplash while you pee tonight and may many drops of your pee get into your mouth.
Oh, and I hope none of the shirts fit you either.

No comments:

Post a Comment