Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dinner and a Movie Part 2

Part Two. Movie:
This is the real reason I wanted to write this blog tonight. Yes, my dinner grossed me out and was worthy of note but my movie made up for it by leaps and bounds.
I don't usually recommend or endorse movies as I like things like Twilight, How She Move, The Notebook... basically anything that is romantic, anything catering to preteen girls, anything where the main character dances or sings their way out of the ghetto, and movies with vampires. As such, my taste is not what you might call refined or even very good and people usually want to stab their eyes out when I can convince them to join me in a JanePlantain movie choice. My boyfriend is still vomiting in his mouth from Twilight Number One (I waited in line in a Twilight T shirt for number 2 mind you).
Now that being said go see Avatar. Seriously. I may have just discredited myself but I am pretty sure the entire theatre agreed on the level of awesomeness of this movie and 400 people united strengthen my argument.
This was a movie that was SO good on many levels.
I don't want to ruin the plot but suffice to say that the satiric nature of the content is both blatant and glorious. It is pretty hard to miss the moral of the story here.
It was visually STUNNING. The people who conceptualized this picture are absolutely amazing and put any graphic artist to shame. To think up this kind of exquisite scenery is a gift.
The story was that perfect union of what I like in movies, what my sister (who appreciates actually good movies) likes in movies, what action lovers like in movies... seriously bring whoever you want to see it, I dare them not to love it.
I personally hate movies about war and death but have never in life wanted a character to die in a miserable and horrific way as much as I did in this movie.
The attention to detail does not go unnoticed and nor does the perfection in which Mr. James Cameron casted this film.
The movie is 2 hours and 30 minutes long and I have a problem where I jimmy my feet when I get antsy. I didn't even jimmy and even got sad when I realized that the movie was coming to an end. I thought to myself how I will for sure see it again and how if I could, I would sit through another viewing right after it.
Anyways, I feel like I am always bashing on something or other so I wanted to show you all that I likes things too. I really do. I appreciate good things- I just hate Hummers and greasy lettuce is all.
Point: See this movie. So SO so very good. (and even better in the extra wide seats for fat asses and even better when your sly friend sneaks you into the sold out earlier movie before the line outside and gets the best seats in the house with tons of leg room- you may feel guilty for budding but you won't feel that bad once the movie is over).
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment