Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Public Service.

So in the aftermath of the wedding I vegged out a LOT- recuperation was more than needed. Of course, vegging out means watching the Food Network in abundance with my husband- clap clap clap for the Chopped marathon.

Chopped, you rule.

Seen it? 4 chefs battle through Apps, mains and dessert- one being kicked off at each stop until 1 remaining person is crowned chopped champion. They get this basket filled with 4 random ingredients and set off to create culinary masterpieces. holla. so wicked.

Anyways, brings me to my point- watching Chopped the other night and the introduce the chefs. Chef Smith, Chef other-generic name, Chef Jones, and Chef Dickinsheets.

Yes, you are reading it correctly, and I know because I rewinded twice to make sure I was reading it right. Dick-in-sheets. That was dude's name.

So, married- changed my name right away- I have a new last name- and this made me think, when I saw Dickinsheets, that being that I now know first hand how easy it is to change your name, why would he leave it as that?

You could be Dickins- and just loose the heets- trust, people would respond far better to a dignified English name than a totally sexual one.
And what? He doesn't know that his name makes people laugh?? He must.
And how can he justify having kids with that name? There is no good first name to justify that last name and the lifetime of giggles and torture you will incur with it.

Anyways, point. Dickinsheets- terrible last name- makes me think of cutting a hole in a sheet- or that dick in a box skit.

Save the future of all generations to marry into or gain the name. No one should have to go through life as a Dickinsheets- literally.

Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Jordana Dickinsheets....Ahh what could have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever seen the show Work of Art?
    One of the competitors is legally named Sucklord.
    Why Why Why?

    ReplyDelete