Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Holla bitches. Read this blog.

So, I plan to change my name when I get married. I totally hate hyphenation and I am happy to honor the old school tradition of taking my man's name. Doesn't bother me in the slightest and I have no strong feministic feelings or notions about being a modern woman and practicing less than modern rituals.

So why am I sharing my ambivalence with you all today?
Here goes. I have about a week or so left as who I am now- this name I have carried for almost 30 years and while Jane Plantain will always remain the same, the girl behind it won't.

And so what? You are saying again....

So, before I become the brand new-named me I want to have 3000 reads on this blog. Holla bitches. Read this blog.

A while ago I illustrated some points about why reading my blog would be good for you to do. Now, here are some more reasons why you should, subscribe, read, follow, and comment.

In no particular order:

1. My wedding is in a short while and that means that oh-so soon I will have so much more free time to actually have a life. Having a life= more stories to share with you that do not involve anything wedding related (unless it's someone else's hilarious story). You want to read my random thoughts, I know you do.

2. You deserve a break. What do you do for a living dear reader? Are you the CEO of a major company? Are you homeless and reading this from the public library? I don't discriminate. I think you all deserve a good break in your day. I can be that break you take. Think about that.

3. If you promise to read my blog, I will put up more pictures. Pictures of funny things that will make you smile.

4. I won't bash that awful super subway anymore.

5. Until I hit this 3000 number I will harass you endlessly. Ever been harassed by a tropical fruit? It ain't pretty

Are these not reasons enough???

3000 is a wicked number and I would totally do this for you if you asked*

*actual likelihood of me doing this for you is minimal.

Thank you for your time, 3000 by end of next week- Let's make this happen

No comments:

Post a Comment