Monday, July 18, 2011

The weekend the boys went.

This weekend past was quite a treat for my friends and I. There were 6 of us whose significant others were not here this weekend so we took the opportunity to have the ultimate girls weekend. beginning Friday at 2pm I was surrounded by some of my favorite ladies and we didn't leave each other's sides until Sunday morning.

It began with Potter. Harry Potter.
This was my first experience with Varsity VIP cinema. This theatre is so pimp although I fail to see the added value in having people bring shit to your seat. Like, how lazy are you that you can't step out the whole 8 footsteps over and buy your own popcorn. And the people ordering had such strict popcorn requests at that. The man in front of me made sure the waitress?knew to layer his popcorn with butter in small layers.
Oh really sir?


Perhaps the booze makes it worthwhile but to me, a glass of wine in a comfy chair in the dark = snoozefest. Don't care how great a movie I am seeing. the seats of course were plush and fantastic and the side table attached to each of them was wondrous. It also totally helped that we sat behind maybe the cutest couple of life. 2 older men (one of whom was layered popcorn) who were so excited by the movie and clapped every time a bad guy died or good guy prevailed. Adorbs.

I obviously cried throughout parts of the ending- no surprise there. And now I am through. Much like a first kiss, I will never experience my first HP again.

Anyways, movie turned into sushi dinner, diner turned into too much wine and silly conversation, silly conversation turned into the potential of a choreographed dance at my wedding (this will happen, it is my dream to do the footloose dance) and dancing turned into gelato- and that cycle continued all night long.
Saturday, which was- not to go to the weather, don't worry, I am not bored with your yet- a STUNNING day began with a personal training session. Am I just the weakest person on earth? I sometimes wonder this after the gym. I work out at least 5 times a week, as I have mentioned before and yet today- 2 days later- I am walking a bit funny and certainly feeling that dull familiar pain in my legs. I guess when you are trying to build muscle from nothing you have a long ways to go. After all Rome wasn't built in a day. Not that I am Rome, but I do love Italian food, so I am not entirely unlike Rome. Nonsensical rant? Check!

After training we all piled into cars and caravanned down to Cherry Beach.
How I wish I could take full credit for this beach but alas a friend had suggested it last weekend- which is when I first went- so my suggesting it this weekend was a used idea- but a good one.
Cherry beach is not unlike Jersey Shore. While it is beautiful to be on a beach and not see any city, it would be nicer even if it was not littered with speedo clad men and overweight women in thongs. Freedom of speech and a topless is ok policy in our great city make it legal for people to wear anything at the beach. They take advantage. The sun rays were not the only thing blinding me that day- let's just say that.

Saturday evening our master grill chef made us a feast of meat and seafood (and gelato- we are all sick in the head) and we drank sweet sangria under a starlit cabana.

I never usually write nicer things- and trust I have plenty to say in the following posts about other things from the weekend past, but I am so unbelievably lucky to be surrounded by some of the most beautiful and amazing ladies out there. Thank you girls for a seriously fantastic weekend FULL of laughs.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment