Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fuck this, I am moving to Hogwarts


I just bought tickets to the final Harry Potter movie for tomorrow afternoon, opening day! I am literally shitting myself right now in excitement. Yes readers, it is true. I am a huge nerd. I get super attached to geared-to-teenager fantasy-esque films and no matter that I am almost 30,  I just cant help myself.

So you are thinking “Harry Potter isn’t just for kids” ok. It may be true that many adults like me love HP- it just means we are all in the same nerd boat- not that HP was actually intended for us.

Now of course, the best part about seeing a pseudo kid movie is going to a theatre where you must be 19+ to get in. That’s right folks, VIP cinema means that I get to watch my favorite wizard tackle the difficulties of teen-hood and Lord Voldemort without snotty ass kids kicking the back of my chair. Hurray!
So while I bite my glittery nails in anticipation of tomorrow, I do so knowing that it will be a stress free viewing- fuck, they even bring you booze to your seat if you should so desire.

Most people I know hate opening day for movies. When I insisted on going to the opening night of the last Twilight installment (and wearing my “Edward shirt”- go ahead, judge me, so? he is a 19 year old actor only PLAYING a vampire- does that mean that I have no chance of ever meeting and procreating with Edward Cullen- maybe. but the will is a powerful things friends. Remember that) my friend who came almost had a nervous breakdown amid the tween and twi-hards (twi- hard-ok, I just barfed too at that one) who piled on top of one another to get into the theatre for the perfect seat in which to watch the glory that is Robert/Edward. I thought it was an amazing time. Perspective is a funny thing.

And on the topic of Twilight, looks like Bella and Edward and I all share a wedding date- they will tie the knot just 1 day before I do. Do you think getting married in the morning will stop me from being there for opening night of that movie? WRONG.

I guess the funny thing is that on any other given day I detest movie theatres. There is so few films out there that warrant me going to them. They always remind me of hallucinogenic drugs (the theatres themselves) and I always leave feeling fat and totally over stimulated- ironic that the few times I do go per year I choose days that will undoubtedly be that way.

So stay tuned for the debrief on how tomorrow goes. Will I be elbowing otter fans to get a seat? Will I cry at the finale (yes)?
SO SO SO EXCITED!!

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment