Thursday, October 4, 2012

It's October y'all

Hello readers,

Once again I am forced to come to you, tail between my legs, asking for forgiveness for my unannounced absence.
If you have experienced “the cold to end all colds” then you will, perhaps, be slightly more sympathetic to my situation- or, if you are like my husband, you may just call me a whiny sicky.

Either way, I had the crappiest cold in the world that lasted a whopping 2.5 weeks despite me taking proper care of myself for the entirety of its visit.

While awful, it still falls second to the “summer cold” which, although 2 weeks shorter in length, was the most uncomfortable 3.5 days I have ever spent. Sweating in bed with nowhere to go is worse that lying in bed at a moderate temperature with the actual possibility of sleep.

Anyways, 2 packages of Advil cold and flu, 2 nose spray bottles, 1 package of tea, a gagillion liters of water, 2 orders of tofu soup, and 1 expired (and then replaced) advair puffer and I am finally back to normal. Just in time for my most favorite time of year.

Have you been bitching about the cold? Poor you. I have been f-ing flourishing in the Fall (minus the cold- I deserve that for bragging). Fall is my jam and ever since it has been possible to wear long sleeves mid day every day, my life has gotten substantially better.

I wont say I hate the summer, because that is a strong word but what I do hate is sweating from my back just from standing still, having to wear next to nothing just to be comfortable, and bare feet. I like all of the aforementioned things for about 1 week to 10 days before they just bug me (making me the ideal partner for a week long all inclusive holiday, not so much for a months stay in Mexico).

Plus, the Fall is so cute! Pumpkins and Halloween and the trees and apple stuff and turkey stuff....

But you know what is not cute? Having 2 abundantly shedding trees in my backyard making it impossible for one to even recognize what was my backyard as it now looks like where tree leaves come to die (which is a pretty accurate statement, come to think of it).

With no lawnmower and weeds the size of small people on every inch of the backyard, the leaves are an unwelcomed guest adding to the overall chaos that is outside.

Anyways, homeowner problems... You know?

Fall is the time to Fall in love- and oh have I ever....
Dear facials, I love you. I am not afraid to say it out loud. You are wonderful, miraculous and satisfying. Sure, I wished that for my short but oh-so sweet extraction, I could have been there watching things get plucked from my pores but nevertheless, amazeballs.

What I learnt was that I have a totally crappy face care ritual (ie. Never washing my face) and that even though I have really nice skin (don’t mean to be cocky here, I just really do), it is still essential to have a good solid cleansing routine.

Jane meet your cleanser, exfoliator, toner, serum and moisturizer. Jane, meet the best skin you have ever had in your whole life. Jane, know that to improve on something that is already good, is even better.

And you know what? Having a face wash routine is totally fun! Glad it took me 30 years to get there.

I got a good lesson on what each product does and the differences between each of the lines of skin care. Like hair care, which I know a lot about having a mass of curls, there are a lot of things to consider when choosing the best line for you- take the time to learn, what they put into certain brands is gross and interesting.

The second love of the Fall for me has been my hair, speaking of it, and the new color I have done. Going from a sun kissed ombre to a bewitching black courtesy of Color Lab. Hands down the absolute best hair experience I have ever had. The color came out beyond perfect looking totally natural and yet totally fashion freaky all at the same time. I feel like a walking hair color ad and it has never looked or felt as healthy as it does now.

Like my skin care experience, what I loved about this place was the time and effort they took to explain the dye and science behind it. I got a lot of information about how to best care for my hair and how to color it in a hair friendly way so that I don’t end up looking like those women who dye their hair too much. AND, I found a new hairdresser to whore around with- yes, I am a self proclaimed hair slut- moving from one to the next, never settling down and cheating often.

He has so far cut me the best bangs of my ever and with my next cut a few days away I am hopeful that this might be a relationship that lasts.... At least for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment