Thursday, October 4, 2012

2 in 1

 Oh. 2 in one day. Is it your lucky Thursday or what people?

Today marks the day before long weekend begins and folks, I need a long weekend. Since being sick, my sleep rhythms have been totally wonk and have caused me to wake up between 345 and 4am every night so far. Then of course, while I am up and at em I may as well pee and then the whole getting back to bed thing is just brutes.

I look forward to the day that sleep and I can can kiss, make up and live together in peace and harmony.

Thanksgiving weekend though, brings the promise of sleep-ins (which inevitably means I will be waking up unintentionally at 7am every morning)- so that is good. I like sleeping in.

But forget the weekend for now, tonight we celebrate the opening of the dedicated Topshop department at the Bay on Queen. DT Torontonians rejoice!

Now first of all, I LOVE the Bay on Queen. I am a huge Bay fan with a slightly unhealthy collection of Bay blankets strewn about my house. Sure, some people thought registering for 2 Bay blankets made of different mediums might have been excessive and those same people may have thought the money would have been better spent on something practical like a tray or a serving bowl but I disagree. The Bay blanket, for me, brings an instant rustic Canadiana look to any room it is in and you cant beat wool for warmth. Practical AND pretty- yes please.

Also, the Bay just rocks. Best department store in Toronto. My opinion.

And one cool enough to know and embrace Topshop, a Euro staple that is like H&M only bigger and edgier. This will be the second outpost for said store following in the path of Yorkdale mall and I am totes pumped to go see it.

And, while we are at it, we can visit the new Jcrew (hey, ever seen the creative director oh of Jcrew’s house? It is my dream home....
http://www.fashionologie.com/Jenna-Lyons-Vincent-Mazeau-Park-Slope-House-Sale-20328279)  ya, that is amazing). I may think they overcharge in Canada for their cashmere, but they have the best bangles, hands down. Pun intended. Bad pun.

I’m sure I will have some fun seeings/ buyings tomorrow but for today, please enjoy the thought of this little plantain skipping with glee all over Queen Street anytime after 5.

Xo
Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment