Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Back in black

I have a few topics that I wish to discuss beginning with my weekend. I finally took my hub to the Underground Food Market at the Brickworks only to force him to leave but an hour after we arrived. Why? To.damn.cold.
I really, in hindsight, should have anticipated that it would be subarctic- after all, the Brickworks is open air- and, I took my wedding photos there and it isnt like I was toasty that day either.
With the minus 13 temperature on Sunday, it was brutal. Who wants to eat stuff when you cant feel your fingers? Plus, and I really don’t want to offend the hard working chefs who froze their butts off to make us tasty treats but the food we ate, sucked.
Maybe it was that everything was cold by the time it reached our mouths, maybe we didn’t line up for the right things (La Carnita) or, maybe this round of TUM wasn’t so yum. Hard to say really but when I found it painful to walk as a result of frozen toes, I knew that it was time to leave.
Now, I don’t fancy myself an event planner or anything but they may want to consider waiting a few months to resume so that we are not all walking popsicles just trying to find a tasty morsel to shovel our faces with. It just wasn’t good.

Now feeling terrible that my valentines day present was such a bust, I agreed to watch a movie for the remainder of the eve. Movies are not my favorite. Sitting still for 2 hours plus staring at a screen is not my thing nor do I find many things worthy of that much time of my attention (and yes, to those of you wondering, anything Nicholas Sparks IS worthy- to each their own people, to each their own). Anywho, the movie. Martha Marcy May Marlene. I had actually wanted to see this movie but less because of the movie and more because it stars the Olsen sister. Olsens. Is there anything they cant do?
Also, it was about a cult. I don’t love cults in the same way that I love zombies but I have this morbid fascination with stuff like cults- more akin to my love of Intervention than anything.
Anyways, I made it through a whopping 1 whole hour before needing a break (we still managed to finish the movie) and I must say that it was a good movie- it really f-ed with your emotions and made both of us anxious for the whole duration.
Unfortunately, this anxiousness stayed with me through my sleep and caused a seriously bad night with dreams of me being lured into a cult.
Cults- so cray cray.

My final topic on this fine Tuesday, Kiehls.
Ok, so gross admition, I don’t ever wash my face. I was born with really good skin and I have just never needed to take care of it. I realized however that with my deprating youth goes my good skin and its maintance will be necessary if I want to keep it in good health. I had read this article about some fancy cream that I would have never dared to by in my 20s but now seemed totally reasonable. I went to Kiehls.

Oh Kiehls. You are so amazing- I bought a whole lot of face care goodies but by far my absolute favorite is the midnight serum. Smells good, feels good. Love this stuff. I am a new addict.

So? after a week off I am hella boring?
Totes.

I'll do better next time

1 comment:

  1. Brickworks in the freezing cold? You and the hubby are so cray cray.

    ReplyDelete