Friday, March 30, 2012

Fri-Fri

One of a kind show- I adore this show and anxiously await its return in the spring and winter.

Since I was little this has been an exclusive mom and me thing- we go to both shows, every year- just us. We once brought my sister who got cranky mid show and we resolved never to include anyone again unless in the far future I have a very well behaved, artistically inclined daughter- and only MAYBE then.

My husband is defiant and contradictory by nature- if you tell him he cant do something, he wants to thus making the one of a kind show one of his most wanted to do things of ever. For the past 5 years he has asked to join my mom and i- I don’t think he really wants to go, he just hates that we wont invite him or let him come- so every year he pushes and every year my mom and I continue our exclusive trip through the aisles.

Fast forward to now- my mom, for the first time ever, is not in the city and unable to come with me (which is only acceptable since the winter show is so much better than the spring show anyways- if this was winter, I would have kept her here)- anywho, she is away so my husband, for the first time ever has gotten the invite.

I giggle internally because although he has pushed to come along for 5 years straight, I wonder what he will actually think when he gets there tonight. I wonder how he will feel about the multiple fairy and doll booths, about the stained glass and jewellery- will he marvel at the various options of soap carvings or become horrified at the lamp shade booth. Hard to say.

I am pretty excited to see what he thinks about my favorite place in the world. And excited to just go- I have been fantasizing about the sample aisles for weeks- you know, the ones where they let you have tastes of the artisan foods? No dinner necessary.

Anyways, aside from tonight, we are also celebrating my nephew’s first birthday party!!! I cant wait- although seeing him turn one and then looking through my pictures from when he was born makes me realize how fast time goes by- I cant believe all that has happened in a year- mind.blown.

So enjoy your weekend and I hope to have some entertaining stories for you on Monday

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment