Friday, September 23, 2011

Quick Question

I wonder how many people have gotten into crazy car accidents because they found a spider crawling on the inside of their car.

This is what I was thinking last night as I drove home in the dark along Mt. Pleasant with a spider crawling right over my head in my car.

I am totally not scared of spiders. Sure, if there was a tarantula lying in my bed, I may feel differently but for the most part- unless they are huge and black and ooze green when you crunch them to death- the regular house spider doesn't faze me.

Maybe it was Charlotte's web all those years back that created this soft spot for them- but I always feel like they are my creepy crawly helping friends and my "need" to kill them is solely dependant on the lack of any other options.

But, nonetheless, there is just something unsavory about having them in your car- and especially on your roof- they could just drop into your hair, your shirt- ug that is such a gross idea- I am now itchy- must pause.

Ok, back. Anyways- so even if you, like me, are not terrified by spiders, how can you not watch where they crawl to in your car- and if you are watching the spider, you sure are not watching the road- right?

When I saw the little dude last night my initial reaction was to pull over- except that I was driving on the farthest lane from the side- did I even think to look and see that I would not be merging into other cars? Oh no- I just went for it not taking my eyes of Spidey for a second- i killed him with a CD case (thank god i still keep old technology handy) and went about my merry way when I realized how reckless i had just been.

So, if this was my reaction and I don't hate spiders, I can only imagine the panic of someone who does. Hands off the wheel, cursing up a storm and shrieking like a manic panic-mode.

Solution: Spiders, stay the fuck out of the car- you don't even have a license.

No comments:

Post a Comment