Monday, February 13, 2012

A Grammy rant.

Happy Monday friends,

Oh man am I looking forward to a short week and a weekend of sunshine and shopping (my 2 favorite Ss) I did a routine purge of my closet to prepare for the upcoming spree- my heart is giddy with anticipation.

So? How was your weekends?
What? Mine? Oh, it was nice...
Spent some QT with the hubs, did the most amazing yoga class that made me totes sweat, caught up with some friends over dins, saw my favorite group of girls for a hilarious brunch, and celebrated a friends upcoming wedding with tons of family and friends- it was rejuvenating and just good.

Last night, after the pre wedding celebrations my hub and I were all reved up on good endorphins when we got home so we stayed up to watch the end of the Grammy awards (and by we stayed up I mean that I stayed up and he sat beside me complaining and switching the channel when he felt bored aka. every 5 seconds).

I love award shows- I kind of don’t even care what they are awarding as I certainly don’t watch for the movies/songs/dignitaries that are being honored. No peeps, I watch for the clothing- but let me get to that in a minute....

Because, although I am usually not one to have any kind of commentary about something as inane as the Grammys- I will say this. I have, for a long time, been in shock that someone like Chris Brown was allowed to have a comeback. Sure, I believe in repenting your sins and I even believe that people can change and become good people- I just think if you beat the shit out of your girlfriend and then the whole world finds out about it, allowing you to have a comeback kind of justifies the behaviors- repent Chris Brown, rehabilitate, apologize...whatever but kind of unfair that you get to make a bagillion dollars and be a role model and icon to millions of little R&B Pop star loving kids when you did what you did- maybe he is a whole new man now but doesn’t the whole ordeal make you feel like maybe the underlying message is that it is ok to beat the fuck out of your girlfriend because you can always make it better and be loved by the world again. Bet the moms of abused girlfriends would disagree.... Anyways, not like me to be so “political” or whatever- but I find this to be one of the most disgusting examples of why our kids all have to fear for their youth and ideals...i don’t even have kids- what on earth am I ranting about?

I am just not so into that... But my personal hatred for him as a person aside, we flipped on the TV just in time to see his performance of “Beautiful People”- so this was my actual point- what the fuck is wrong with music right now?

The Grammys- an awards show for excellence in music is showcasing a former wifebeating dude who danced in a smoke show and FULLY lip sang his own song. How is that excellence?

I am all for this new recognition of pop and electronic music being recognized as “award worthy” but if you perform on the Grammys/ win an award, don’t you think you should sing? AND if you bother to sing a few words in your 99% lipsinched song, maybe no auto-tune??

It makes me sad to see a former Beatle take the stage with crap like that.

And also, pairing my beloved Foo Fighters with Deadmaus was gross. It took Dave Grohl about .000005 points down on my celebrity crush list. So there.

And of course, there was the many shout outs to the late Whitney Houston. I swear I was the last person in the world to hear that she died in the first place....

Im sad.
I totes liked her.

This is why you should not do crack. If Intervention has taught me nothing else, it is that crack is not good.

Seriously people, no crack.

I spent the whole of Jennifer Hudsons tribute with goosebumps and my husband telling me to relax myself. It was really emo right?

Bitches be cray cray.



Right so the fashion part that I love so much- it was awesome.... so much glitter- man, I love glitter. If I had a good voice/ any talent at all I would have a been a pop star fo sho (because, you know, it IS just that easy)- I would do it all for the glitter. And, say what you will about Gwyneth- how hot is that lady?
gong show.

Anyways, my final note about the Grammys- I met my blond twin.
Dear Kimberly from That Band Perry,

I LOVE your style. I almost crapped myself with that long skirt/ wifebeater combo you wore while performing- it is my total dream to wear a wifebeater with a formal skirt- that is exactly my style. Obvi I spent the rest of my night googling pictures of her (because im creepy girl crushing that way) and now have hair-spiration for the rest of my days! I have printed PAGES of pictures to show my hairdresser when getting it did for weddings etc. Watch out now.

And her clothes! Country casual boho chic. Kimberly, I love you. I really needed that.

Ok, done now. Grammy overview over. Woot woot.

No comments:

Post a Comment