Friday, February 3, 2012

70% off

Yesssssssss.... it is finally Friday.

So, pretty happy it is Friday although, as of this morning I think I offish have a cold again. I swear as of late I have had the immune system of a baby. Every time someone sneezes around me, I get sick.

But, cold or not, I will be enjoying this weekend. I have a dinner date with my 2 favorite girls eves... we are going to a restaurant I have been dying to try and celebrating the engagement of one of said ladies to her ultra-faboosh bf (fiance).

Anywho, today I spent my lunch wandering around Bloor with my co-worker- holy hell do I hate sale season.

Ok, so I don't hate sales in the sense that you can get stuff for cheap- lord knows if anyone loves a deal, it is this plantain right here. I thrive on a good sale. But sale season? no thanks.

First of all, "sale season" totally diminishes any excitement related to finding a good sale to begin with- everything is on sale so nothing is special- it is impossible for me to flex my bargain hunting biceps in this climate.

Second, everything is cheap and that is just dangerous. I actually have to hold things for a few minutes at least to fully determine if I like it, or I like it because I can afford it. Do I NEED that shirt with horses on it- would I buy it if it wasn't 19.99? The amount of restraint I am forced to dedicate to shopping in this time is too much for me to just enjoy the experience as much as I could/ should.

There is the added element of being married to a man who cringes every time I come home with a new bag- making my purchase selections even more important- I have to really love that shit to weather his disapproving eyes.

Also- and this is a qualm of mine in life- people treat clothing like shit. This is so much more so in sale time where everything is beyond picked over. I don't care if you are selling it for 1 dollar- there is nothing appealing about a snag/stain/lipstick/ or BO on clothing.
It is all just gross to watch- people rummaging like animals. Throwing stuff all over the place and fully shoving to get to the 29.99 rack faster. A woman in Zara today fully pushed me aside when she saw me eyeing the wool jacket that she apparently needed more than me (which is fine, I don't need another new jacket- my husband would agree)... but bitch, push me like that again and I will bust out a 69.99 stiletto heel on your ass.
I used to work at this store, which shall remain nameless although its wears are as shit today as they were back then- I have been there as recent as this year while helping a friend look for a party dress- same behavior, different year. So this nameless store carries mid to expensive dresses, some gowns but mainly party/ cocktail styles. The owner just hangs them- no plastic wrap, no consideration of not putting a beaded number right next to an ultra delicate chiffon- and as such, every single dress is damaged (a fact she will deny if confronted by a customer). I cannot fathom how people shop there and feel happy with their purchases. If I am buying a dress to wear to a wedding, my preference is that it is well treated, doesn't have a bagillion pulls and rips and is carried by a store that takes an iota of pride in their displays.
just saying.

Sale season is like being in this store but everywhere.

Even my beloved well merchandised GAP is utter chaos right now compared to regular season

Finally- how in the world can I feel excited about last seasons sale crap when they are showing pastel for spring- pastel and neon. I am humping the fashion gods. It is impossible to buy anything when you are taunting by full price gorg.

Anyways- sale time. boo.

So happy Friday y'all- enjoy your weekends, whatever you get up to- see you Monday with a restaurant review- I am going to shovel my face with all their promising food.

No comments:

Post a Comment