Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The year I should have been born

I have suspected from an early age that I was born in the wrong era. The 70’s have always had this je ne sais quoi that just inspires me. When tapered jeans came back into style I mourned the loss of bell-bottom jeans and believe (strongly) in tie-dye being a necessity in any wardrobe.
mar11seventies4_lg.jpg
Derek Lam- Spring 2011

So imagine my excitement when the 2011 spring runway brought me gems like this incredible Derek Lam ensemble. So sexy and so amazing. 

mar11seventies6_lg.jpg
Marc Jacobs- one of my favorite designer as he has always kept a bit of hippy flair in his collections. There is always something so granny-chic about his work and this is no exception. Those glasses! I die! (and probably actually have ones similar in my collection of my grandmothers amazing costume jewelry collection). Pink shiny pant- probably won't rock those but the shape and skimpiness of the top in contrast with the baggier pant is just amazing.

mar11seventies7_lg.jpg
Fringe- I wear an excessive amount of it. I have a full fringe purse ( a true gem from H&M that always gets compliments) and I like wearing them with my slouchy brown fringe boots- which, to my great dismay have become tattered and torn, evidence of being used and abused with one to many outfits. 

mar11stripes3_lg.jpg
This is my everything!! I am getting married in a few months and have been looking everywhere for a white dress exactly in this shape. A modern moomoo. Count on the genius of Prada to come up with something this incredible. In fact, you should all go look at the whole collection. Everything has stripes and some are in the color of bubble gum.

What can I even say about this season other than that it makes me wish even more for Spring to come.






No comments:

Post a Comment