Thursday, February 17, 2011

I like the way you work it,

To the guy on the subway,
Guy. You were the absolute highlight of my day on the subway ride downtown the other day. I was not expecting much from my ride, and in fact had resigned myself to an eventless trip. I find that "crazy" people come out far more frequently at night and as such I just didn't expect you!
You came on at an unassuming station, Summerhill, and as the subway door chimed and shut close you sauntered to the opposite doors and began serenading the subway with your surprisingly decent voice.
Guy, you just got louder and louder as we reached Rosedale and I realized quite quickly that your melody of choice was the ever-subway-appropriate "No Diggity" by Blackstreet.
Oh for joy, guy on the subway. Thank you, thank you, for bringing some late 90's sexy boy band goodness onto the rocket.
You left the car at Bloor station, several stops too soon if you ask me, and with you left all personality on the train. Left with me was "woman sulking with 6 shopping bags", "student with ever-furrowed brow", and "unknown ethnicity man staring blankly ahead".
I pray we meet again guy, next time consider "Pony"?????
xoxox
Your number one subway admirer.

No comments:

Post a Comment