Monday, October 17, 2011

Halloweeny

So, seriously obsessed with Halloween, like, super mega into it. Did I dream of a Halloween wedding?
Yes, maybe I did (although I didn't get my wish- but in hindsight maybe for the best? Don't know that my elder relatives would love spider centerpieces- le sigh).

Anywho, as a runner up prize, all my girlfriends put together a stagette for me on Halloween weekend. It is a surprise so I don't have much (know much) to say about it BUT we are all dressing as zombies- I get to be zombie bride!!!!!!

So this past weekend I kicked off my Halloween month in style with my costume shop. Hell-a-fun.

Dear Value Village. You are so great. 1 stop shop for everything I needed plus some fabulous finds that don't have to do with Halloween (I'm looking at you amazing beaded top). I found the most skankalicious and amazing costume evah. I think it was called "mummy ballerina" and was in the kids section- well, kids costumes are amazing for someone like me who is just looking to barely squeeze into some kind of getup. DONE. Got a zombie wig, fake blood and a truckload of makeup and voila- I am zombie bride.

The best was that a few friends came with me and picked out pseudo zombie bridesmaids costumes! How cute will we be in our matching wigs of terror and tutus (they got themselves red and black ones). I am SO SO SO excited for this.

But aside from that weekend, there is more Halloween to be celebrated. Truly no season is complete without Canada's Wonderland Halloween Haunt. So, I love this place for 3 fundamental reasons.
First. I am a ride warrior. Enough said.
Second. You get to ride all the rides AND they have really amazing haunted houses to play in- double whammy!
Third. This place holds a pretty special significance for my fiance and I- This was one of our first dates back 4 years ago. It was the best. I totally fell in love with him that night. When he shoved me into the man roaming the park with a mask on carrying a chainsaw and laughed while he ran away- I knew he was the one. It's the little things.

Anywho- you should go. But don't go this weekend because we don't need the extra crowd.

So ya, Halloween. Love that shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment