Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ride on a camel.

So, the other day I went with my sister for our bi-annual sisters at Wonderland experience. Obvi by now you know that I love rides so I paid no mind to the yucky weather, the way my new bangs curled in the  humidity generated by teenagers in heat, and the fact that I smelled like a dirty child amid even dirtier children. It was all glorious.

Now the perks to going in crap weather is that lines are minimal and while I wish (always) that I didn’t have to stand in line with anyone, being in a 2 minute line versus a regular 2 hour line is well worth the cost to get in- which, by the way, is so much less when you come at “twilight” times.

It was such a fun way to hang with my sister who, in but a few days heads back to Halifax for the rest of the year to finish school- she is a truly fantastic partner in ride crime and this only rivals her amazingness in shopping crime, but that is for another time.

And so, with her in mind, I am going to steal her thought of the night which was a commentary on Wonderland fashion. In itself, that line seems like an oxymoron as, if you have ever been to Wonderland, you know that fashion is- well, let’s say unusual at best.

And while there were the usual dudes with pants too low and girls with tops too high, it seems an epidemic has hit the 905 with a vengeance. I’m talking about high waisted jean shorts and the subsequent camel toe that comes with them.

So, thanks hipsters for making a fashion icon out of the labia. I wasn’t sure that I wanted to see camel toe at every turn and now that I have, I am sure that I don’t ever want to again.

Here’s my thing, are you not uncomfortable in those shorts? I mean, for one, in life I cannot imagine walking around with ANY kind of wedgie on purpose and perpetually but on rides??? The mere thought of it just makes me want to barf and itch myself all at the same time- and on the semi moist rides last night courtesy of sweat and a bit of rain? *Shudder*

Anywho, peeps please. Just because something is trendy doesn’t mean it s good- ever heard of a little craze called bathsalts? Point proven. Please pull down your shorts for the love of your vg and proceed.

Thank you.


Other than our continual commentary on the choices made by the patrons of Wonderland (because cutting the arms off of your T shirt, dude with horrible BO, was a great idea- raise your arms a bit more -K???) Wonderland was a friggen blast. I ran around the park like a little monkey and got to try the Leviathan which was A-maze-balls.

That is all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment