Thursday, August 23, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Hubby- ringing in 30

Last night, after darting home from work to finish painting the kitchen and raking the backyard, I dragged my tired hubs out to the ex with 2 of our friends. The purpose of this outing was to kick off my hubby’s 30th birthday- which is today- and yes, you are now old my love, Happy Birthday to you!

So, the ex was bumping with the usual mix of Toronto-ites and others and ripe with the smell of dirty children, tobacco and a little splash of vomit for good measure.

One thing you should already be able to guess about me is that I love the ex. Whoa Nelly do I love the ex. Something about Carnies and cotton candy and rides that would not be at all scary except that they are being help up on single planks of wood and carabineers just makes me happy.

We began the night with dinner, and when I say dinner I actually mean the dirtiest more gluttonous indulgence in food I think I have ever had in my entire life which, in hindsight was not the best idea to shovel into my face before going on above noted nauseating rides.

Here’s how shiz went down:
Bacon poutine with extra bacon was our first course followed by the fried blooming onion- as the name suggests it is a deep fried onion that they slice up to make it look like a lotus flower and taste like a slice of greasy heaven. Then we had Far East Taco- a wicked blend of Korean and Mexican flavors in a sweet ass corn taco. At this point, despite sharing all the aforementioned foods, I was about done but little did I know that I hate entered the pavilion of food with down-right eating champs because along I was dragged to the Mac and Cheese booth to try my first deep fried Mac and Cheese- deep fried Mac and Cheese is like everything you ever dream in carb-land but that being said I had total food envy (if that was possible at that point while feeling lie Shamu) of the people beside me eating good old fashioned Mac and Cheese- un-deep fried. Chronic.
Then, when I thought there was no possible way I could stand being in the food building for another second I was pulled to a booth where they serve stuff in cones- the options were endless, shepherds pie in a cone, pizza in a cone and then, there was what my CNE mates decided to get- bacon and Nutella in a cone grilled and smothered in Nutella. I had 2 bites of this delicious concoction as it was tough and gross to share. We got Apple Cinnamon Tiny Tim doughnuts and finished off the mission to make me fat with deep fried fudge.

I have to say this- I feel gross and ashamed to have eaten such dirty food BUT, if you have the chance to eat the deep friend fudge I implore you to do it. That was, by far, the best thing I have ever eaten ever.

Unfazed by my fullness I demanded it to be ride time so off we went to face the hot mess that is the midway. Now here is the problem with going to the ex with 2 boys- games. I am totally down for a ring toss or 2 but after that I feel like I am just about done breaking plates with balls for 4 dollars a pop. But of course, men and their egos cant be stopped by a nagging wife who just wants to spin till she pukes so we spent another hour playing water gun shooting games, ring toss games, ball games, bowling games... In the meantime, my hubs was not winning a thing and we watched as our friends BF loaded her up with monkeys and smurfs galore (obvi later in the night my hubs HAD to go back tot the games and win me a Banana- it is the best banana in the world- thank you my love)

My favorite part of the Ex, as I mentioned is the super unsafe rides- I dragged everyone aboard this Swing of the century esque ride that brings you up high in the air and effectively made friend #1 sick, then we went on a roller coaster which effectively made friend #1 and 2 sick- then, the coo of the night was going on the is flippy ride that spins you in a strobe light and flings you upside down- effectively made my husband nauseous too. At this point no one would do any more rides so we had to call it a night and head home where I had to shower off the smell of Carnival and greet the onset of hubs 30th birthday at midnight!

I am very excited to enjoy some great celebrations of the best person in the whole world who was such a great ride partner with.

LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment