Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A lesson on handwashing

Goodmorning readers.

After a sad week gone by saying goodbye to my grandfather and spending time with family I am back.

On Sunday, which marked the end of the week of mourning, I cut some bangs (which I have been wanting for a long ass time now) and I feel somehow refreshed and new. New chapter, new look.

Anywho, this morning I left my house super early for a work thing and had an even sparser subway train than usual- I could have laid out if I had wanted to!

And this brings me to my point for today which was conceived aboard the rocket.

I have always believed that a bit of dirt was healthy for people to come into contact with. That is would make you more resilient to bacteria and other germs. That touching things, such as subway poles with your bare hands yielded an overall sense of better health.

Well thank you to the dirty mumbling homeless man on my train today for teaching me that sometimes, I can be wrong.

As I sat on the train, minding my own business I noticed this man pacing up and down the aisles, saying incoherent things to himself as he f-ing picked the shit out of his nose and proceeded to touch every single rail and pole he passed by.

I'm not talking about the old swipe into your nose to free a buger either- I am talking FULL ON, multi finger nose picking and subsequent wiping each finger on various parts of the train.

Well could you not just puke.

I have remained blissfully ignorant of what these poles and seats have seen before the time where I make contact with them- and sure, the guy holding the pole before me could have had his hands on his junk just prior, but it is one of those “out of sight out of mind” mentalities that allows me to embrace the pole with no second thoughts.

How can I ever do this again? How can I sturdy myself to not clamber into my fellow riders knowing full well that there are dirty nose pickings somewhere in some subway car in this city?

Well friends, lesson learned, lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment