Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A letter of Welcome and Apology

Dear reader,

If you are here right now, it is for one of 2 reasons- either, you a true dedicated follower who is eagerly awaiting a new post sweating with anticipation at what I might rant about today or you have just gotten my resume and followed my "Additional Interests" section to this page. Either way, allow me to welcome you into my my world and apologize for the lack of posts in 2010.
I have no good excuse really for my absence on this blog. In my head I justified it as that I was now working at an office, spending majority of my time there and just could not ever bring myself to rant about work. A- I love work and B- I can think of nothing more wildly inappropriate than sharing with the world the ups and down of your professional life.
I was at a true loss of things to talk about- a writers block if you will. I thought that discussing my commute was too obvious, my engagement and wedding planning too personal, and my general thought and feelings on being another year older and wiser just plain boring. I thought about shutting up Jane Plantain forever but then it dawned on me that I write this blog for me.
So with that all behind us, I invite you to explore my older work which I think you will enjoy and revel in the new work that has been a year in the making.

Point: Jane is back. Hope you missed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment