Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Books are fun

 Dear readers,

Happy hump day. I spent Monday this week at the doctor undergoing a bunch of blood work- nothing says fun like being checked for migraine issues. And, of course, as it turns out I am very very anemic meaning that I do not have a lot of iron in my blood.

So, to combat this ailment, I plan to eat a whole cow tonight- just.kidding.

BUT, the good news is that this totally explains my consistent exhaustion and insomnia- anemic people tend to have terrible sleep habits and are consistently tired but unable to develop the proper sleep habits necessary to function. I cannot wait to tell my husband about that since he seems to nag me daily about my rotten morning routine of waking up at the last possible second and then skulking around the house like a variable zombie.

This may also explain my migraines- that would be awesome because I am not a fan of them at all folks, AT.ALL.

So, last night I attended my first meeting of my new book club and it was amazing. I sat around with a bunch of girls who I don’t know but who, as it turned out, I had everything in common with! Our conversations went from the book to crafts to knitting to cookies/ baking and I was in heaven. It is so nice to meet nice girls and new friends in the first place but to meet ones who want to knit a scarf and talk about books and who think the idea of having a candle making crafternoon is awesome is basically my dream come true.

The book we had been reading was The 100 Year Old Man who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared and to be honest, it was not my very favorite book. I found it boring at times and I was happy to finish it, which is a bit unusual for me- but dissecting it and discussing it and hearing what other people liked, didn’t, thought of and how it affected everyone was amazing and made me rethink parts of this book that I had otherwise overlooked in a brand new light- I guess that is why book clubs exist- to expand your knowledge and share some thoughts on what otherwise become a lost soul in your memory.

Anyways, books rule and book clubs are the Mecca of super nerdyness love.

That is all.
Xo
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment