Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A pathetic apology

It is totally moot for me to apologize for disappearing on you the way I did.
I just suck.
I am moving in like, under 2 weeks and the lure of bubble wrap and boxes has taken over my time- and envisioning me as a laboring mover is a bit misleading, more like I sit with bubble wrap on my lap and fantasize about a slate grey accent wall. You know, the really important stuff to do when your house is a mess and nothing is ready

So, it was pretty good that this weekend past amid just an overall fabulous weekend, we got some shit done.

Furniture shopping is the new clothes shopping. Mark these words. I wasn’t even intrigued by the rows of pastel tops in any given storefront all along Queen but mind.blown for the sexy ottoman upholstered in felted grey wool- I wonder if this makes me an adult or an addict shifting their medium? Column A + column B??

So on Sunday, we woke up SO early and drove up to Aberfoyle for the weekend antique market. If you havent been, you should go. Aberfoyle is just outside of Guelph Ontario and boasts one of the oldest and best antique markets in the world. What can you find? Everything. Like, every-thing.

We bought our first piece of furniture at the market too! We are the proud owners of a coffee table and 2 side tables.

So this, dear readers, is essentially what you are missing when you don’t hear from me in several weeks.

Rest of my weekend? It was not as furniture centric. Friday we had late drinks with our amazing neighbors who we will be leaving, and Saturday was just the best day ever.

We spent the whole day in Trinity Bellwoods park with friends, and when everyone left, my hubs and I had an impromptu date. Not to sound like a total ass or anything but it honestly felt like we were teenagers in lurve. We held hands, made out at street corners. Plus, he FINALLY let me pick some new things for him to spruce up his wardrobe. We had a late dinner at Kho San Road which was fabulous and gave us the chance to reminisce our honeymoon....

We get pretty busy, and especially now where a lot of our free time is occupied with house stuff so it is always nice to reconnect and do stuff that has nothing to do with anything except enjoying each others company. There is no one in the world I would rather send it with and no one makes me laugh more.

K, you are caught up with my life and the day to day stuff now so next post I go back to ranting.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment