Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Goop Stalking

Hi universe,

This morning, I wish I could say that I awoke to the sounds of my wonderful contractors bringing in our beautiful new tiles- I would be lying. I was deep under the covers lamenting my choice to drink double ceasars on a Tuesday night.... but the promise of a new floor coupled with a Venti starbucks bold was just the cure to what would have otherwise been a disastrous day (oh, and obvi a slice of bacon or 5).

So while I spend my day anticipating seeing the first real transformation of my kitchen to be, I can enjoy recalling last night. Where was I that warranted such unnecessary drinking? You could find me on the floor at the Coldplay concert at the ACC sitting next to my beautiful friend singing at the top of our lungs.

Now, I begin with this: last summer when I was heading to Lollapolluza with Coldplay as a headliner, I barfed. To me it seemed like a perfectly good waste of a stage to have such a lame-o band perform. I learned fast that just because my mom knows as many songs as I do, just because every song they make assaults the radio, and just because they are, for all intensive purposes, one of the most popular “pop” bands out there does not mean they don’t kill it.

It was one of the best concerts I have ever been to. That so many people have been exposed to their music only made it all the more amazing to listen to the entire audience sing along to every word. That they have been so successful is likely partially due to the fact that they are even better live than recorded (and that Chris Martin is super hot).

Anyways, I totes get that there will always be haters who roll their eyes at the mere suggestion that Coldplay is a good band but whateves- yucking other peoples yums is mean.

In the meantime, I spent the whole 2 hour show smiling like a child. It was so fun and our seats were to die for. There was confetti, there was balloons and blow up shapes and tons of lights and lasers and glitter. They handed out these wristbands that f-ing lit up to the music- everyone had a different color and the stadium looked like a starry circus.

But best of all, the band came and played one of my favorite love songs about 4 rows away from me in the audience. If I had go-go gadget arms, I would have been able to touch them.

Anywho, no need to guild the lily, just saying that it was a wicked show and I love them is all.

Perhaps the only disappointment of the evening was no GOOP sightings. And trust, I looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment